The name was changed to "Glennsbourne Farm", and eventually "Glenburnie", as the property was passed through Glenn's descendants. De Alba decided two words were better than one, and gave the town a final name change to the current Glen Burnie.
Records also show the name as "Tracey's Station" and "Myrtle", after local postmaster Samuel Sewell Tracey and one of Tracey's boarders, before the final decision was made. Among the earliest Glen Burnie schools was First Avenue Elementary, built in 1899. Alban's Episcopal, which was built in 1904, with many of its bricks dating back to Marley Chapel, an early Maryland parish from the 1730s.
Lesley has been operating B&B's for nearly 20 years and guarantees you a warm welcome.
Windward House was built in 2008, It is light, airy, stylish and extremely comfortable, furnished with antiques, family portraits mixed with marine blues and greens.
The mall was developed in a joint effort with a local real estate developer, Charles Steffey.
Anne Arundel County (modern spelling adds an 'e' to her first name of "Ann" and removes the second 'L' from the family name of "Arundell" – but the old traditional spelling of her name is still used in the title of the local historical society, the Ann Arundell County Historical Society) was originally part of St.
Mary's County, the province's first erected county in the southern portion of the Province of Maryland which had first been settled by the arriving settlers in 1634.
Petworth House and Arundel Castle are only half and hours away.
Both towns have a mass of art galleries and antique shops.
Schools and churches were built in the ensuing decades, and construction was completed on Harundale Mall, the first enclosed shopping center east of the Mississippi River, in 1958.